The Diploma in Reflex Aromatherapy is a one day training course, offered to existing reflexologists with a wish to work with elements of aromatherapy in a specific setting. Students will learn about the use of 12 of the more common aromatherapy essential oils, for use with clients who are bed-bound and inactive, elderly, arthritic or pregnant, as well as their usual client group. The course is aimed at alleviating many of the general symptoms and ailments that are experienced by these clients, as well as offering stress reduction and relaxation. Students will learn how to assess and blend suitable oils for their clients and incorporate the aromatherapy oils into their existing reflexology routine.
Aspects included in the course.
- The history of aromatherapy and how it works
- The link between reflexology and aromatherapy
- Learning about 12 essential oils that you will use in your Reflex aromatherapy treatments
- The benefits of including aromatherapy for social and emotional wellbeing to your reflexology treatment
- Blending essential oils for use with your reflex aromatherapy treatment
- How to adapt your consultation and treatment
- Contra-indications and precautions that must be taken during treatment
- Alternative ways to use aromatherapy during your reflex aromatherapy treatment
- Common symptoms and ailments that can be improved by reflex aromatherapy
- Allergies and sensitivities related to reflex aromatherapy
- Home care advice following a reflex aromatherapy treatment
Practice and Procedure
This one day course will comprise both theory and practical elements. Students will also be required to complete an online quiz about the 12 essential oils that they will be working with.
Case Study Requirements
Students will be required to submit two separate case studies, each comprising two treatments, as part of the evaluation and assessment criteria.
Pre-requisites for studying the course
The pre-requisite for studying the Diploma in Reflex Aromatherapy is a Level 3 A&P qualification, together with a Level 3 Reflexology qualification. Students nearing the end of their Reflexology training, may also qualify and should email email@example.com to confirm.
No Reviews found for this course.