Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is a functional disorder that can ruin the quality of life of sufferers. The constant cycle of discomfort – bathroom break – discomfort – bathroom break is one that will be all too familiar to thousands of individuals across the globe.
Both hypnotherapists and professionals with a background in guided imagery techniques who want to have the tools to treat suffering clients will find many benefits from taking this specialised diploma course in IBS Treatment.
This distance learning course is aimed at two groups, namely hypnotherapists and professionals who have been trained in guided imagery techniques/ meditation. It can be combined with our Meditation Teaching qualification details of this pre requisite course for non Hypnotherapists are available by following this link.
Upon completion of the course, students will understand the research supporting the treatment of IBS through Gut Orientated Metaphor and become an IBS specialist therapist in this natural health and holistic therapy technique.
The course provides detailed information regarding the nature of IBS and the diagnostic criteria now used in primary care, and will students to effectively construct and deliver sessions as well as manage the treatment of clients presenting with a clinical diagnosis of IBS.
IBS Treatment Practitioner – the benefits of studying with Athena
After course completion you’ll receive a Diploma in IBS Treatment (Dip. IBS, ) qualification
- What you’ll learn – The course contains the following modules:
- Research Evidence and Understanding NICE Guidelines
- Introduction, learning outcomes and background information
- Hypnosis and IBS: the research of Professor Peter Whorwell (and others) and NICE guidance
- What is IBS and therapist “Don’ts”
- Diagnostic criteria
- Therapeutic Interventions
- Measuring impact and therapeutic gains
- Gut orientated metaphors and creating scripts
- Changing modalities for pain management
- Dietary advice, other hypnotic approaches and summing up
Cost: £299.00 for the full diploma programme.
No Reviews found for this course.