One day introductory course offered to existing therapists wishing to work closely with pregnant women to help them alleviate many of the symptoms and conditions associated with pregnancy.
We will learn how to adapt the treatment for a pregnant client in order to complete a full body treatment ensuring the client remains comfortable and supported through out.
- Anatomy and Physiology of the three trimesters of pregnancy.
- Physical symptoms and bodily changes during pregnancy.
- Emotional changes and hormone imbalances during pregnancy.
- The benefits of pregnancy massage.
- Contraindications of massage.
- Localised discomfort due to hormonal and postural changes.
- Lymphatic drainage for swollen ankles and lower legs.
- Aiding in reducing postnatal complications, supporting physical pregnancy conditions: Pelvic girdle pain or Symphysis pubis dysfunction- painful shoulders- lumbar and neck.
Case studies will be required- One pregnant client to be given a full body massage three times.
Three pregnant clients to be given a 30-minute treatment for specific issue- IE Swollen legs OR Pain in lumbar area.
This is a fully insurable Practitioner qualification. Please contact BGi in order to arrange cover or discuss your individual insurance needs. We have negotiated a special discount of £10 off the annual premium for all Athena students.
No Reviews found for this course.